CVS stuff for AG

Ivan R. Judson judson at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Oct 21 13:44:58 CDT 2002

> is it going to stay in a sandbox directory? maybe also
> advertise via a
> cname - ag-cvs.mcs.anl.gov or something.

I don't know what you mean by sandbox, but the plan is to use
pachelbel.mcs.anl.gov and enable anonymous cvs on the AG modules.

> are there notes on local access? can we restrict anonymous
> access from
> certain modules, or are we going to be able to just make it
> all accessible
> (my vote...).

We'll be making it all accessible, but there will be a review process
for code that is being proposed to be committed. We'll have to be
extremely careful about not putting broken stuff in -- this process
allows external developers and internal developers to submit
modifications/additions in a symmetric way, which is good for community
vibe.

> I worry a bit about the ag-src name - that's the source of
> one version of
> ag software, but as we add more it might not make sense
> (hence the name I
> used for the SF module).

I think the module name should be AG, 1.0 should be put in with the 1.0
tag, and when we're ready we'll make a 2.0 branch (then we can do bug
fixes to 1.0 and still move ahead on 2.0).

I think that makes sense, but I was up til 3:30 with Isaiah, you never
know :-)
--Ivan