Register now for WACE 2005!

Patrick Bristow pbristow at microsoft.com
Mon Jul 25 18:25:08 CDT 2005

Hello All,

The Fifth Annual Workshop on Advanced Collaborative Environments
<http://www.mcs.anl.gov/wace>  is fast approaching, and registration is
now OPEN <http://ci.uchicago.edu/wace/> .  This promises to be a great
year for WACE, with two days of talks, a dinner cruise on Lake
Washington Thursday night, and an event-closing dinner on Friday night.
Friday dinner will be held at the Microsoft company store & museum, and
gift certificates to the company store will be issued to attendees.  And
unless someone changes the registration price before I send this email,
it's entirely likely that the gift certificate will be worth more than
the registration fee itself!

Also, you may all be excited to know that Jonathan Grudin
<http://research.microsoft.com/users/jgrudin/>  has agreed to give a
keynote speech at the event.  Dr. Grudin is a member of the ACM SIGCHI
CHI Academy, and recently spent seven years as editor-in-chief of ACM
Transactions of Human-Computer Interaction.  Needless to say, we're
honored that he would speak at WACE, and I hope you'll join us at the
event.

We're still working on the rest of the invited speakers, but I'll be
sure to send an update as we know more.

Please don't wait to register for WACE, though.  We've reserved a block
of rooms at two nearby hotels, but Marriott won't let us keep the rooms
past August 12th, so you may not be able to get the great rate if you
wait too long.

Finally, we know that Seattle isn't exactly as nice as Nice, but with
the beautiful summer weather in early September, you're sure to love the
area.  Be sure to book an extra day to spend time in Seattle, if you
haven't before :-).  Register now at http://ci.uchicago.edu/wace/

We'll see you there,

Patrick Bristow

WACE 2005 Program Chair