Access Grid Toolkit 2.1.2 Released: October 21, 2003
Ivan R. Judson
judson at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Oct 21 17:22:11 CDT 2003
We are pleased to announce the availability of the Access Grid Toolkit
Highlights of this version are available at:
The software is available at the following urls:
Microsoft Windows (SEE NOTE BELOW):
A summary of these highlights:
- non-administrative user initialization is done silently.
- Shared Applications have been significantly enhanced:
- On Windows the Shared Browser and Shared Presentation are included.
- The AG Package Manager (agpm.py) program is used to install shared
- The Venue Client does not need to be restarted to use the newly
- Rat has been modified to to detect and properly configure itself in the
presence of multiple active network interfaces on Windows, including
machines running VMWare.
- BridgeServers coming and going from venues do not cause the venue client
media tools to restart.
- (On Windows) The Video Producer knows the location of vic by default.
On Windows, users should take care to follow the uninstall instructions for
AGTk 2.1.1b at <URL>. Just using the Start->Access Grid Toolkit->uninstall
menu item will result in the loss of your certificates!
As always if there are any questions or concerns, please feel free to email
mailto:ag-tech at mcs.anl.gov. For bug reporting or voting please visit
The AG Team
More information about the ag-announce