[Ad-dev] [openAD] #254: fix up initialization flag for postprocessing so it doesn't require reverse mode

OpenAD trac at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Oct 28 13:41:15 CDT 2010

#254: fix up initialization flag for postprocessing so it doesn't require reverse
mode
---------------------------------+------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  utke                 |       Owner:  hcm
     Type:  defect               |      Status:  new
Component:  multiple components  |    Keywords:
---------------------------------+------------------------------------------
 The fix committed as
 http://mercurial.mcs.anl.gov/ad/RegressionOpenAD/rev/c7231724e2a4
 works but  I don't agree with what it does because
 the postprocessor options we accept shouldn't be restricted to adjoint
 and  I don't understand why initialization would have to be tied to
 reverse mode. IOW - I think rather than changing the test script
 I would instead permit the post processor to do the initialization bits.
 A subsequent question that was still to be verified was if there could
 be cases where initialization of local variables was also needed in
 forward mode.

 so
 http://mercurial.mcs.anl.gov/ad/RegressionOpenAD/rev/c7231724e2a4
 should be undone and replaced by a fix in SourceProcessing

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.mcs.anl.gov/projects/openAD/ticket/254>
OpenAD <http://www.mcs.anl.gov/openad>