[Ad-dev] [openAD] #213: postProcess.py needs to add value selector (and do nothing else) for original function definitions that have been turned into subroutines

OpenAD trac at mcs.anl.gov
Mon May 3 15:50:21 CDT 2010

#213: postProcess.py needs to add value selector (and do nothing else) for
original function definitions that have been turned into subroutines
------------------------------+---------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  lyonsam           |       Owner:  utke
     Type:  defect            |      Status:  new
Component:  SourceProcessing  |    Keywords:
------------------------------+---------------------------------------------
 The issue is this:  you know how we have postprocess and transformfile?
 I have a situation where there's a function in centrm (in
 centrm/psget_I.f90) that gets subroutinized by the preprocessor, so that
 both the function and the new subroutine go through the tool.
 As is usually the case when we do this, the subroutine will have active
 statements whereas the function will not (because we've replaced all the
 function calls that we've seen with subroutine calls, so the function
 isn't used in an active context).  So far so good.

 In this case, though, the function uses a module variable that happens to
 be active, like
 {{{
 passive1 = active*passive2
 }}}
 where we would need
 {{{
 passive1 = active%v*passive2
 }}}
 So here's what we need: for function units, the postprocessor should do
 exactly what transformfile does (like adding the %v whenever an active
 variable is referenced), and none of the stuff that the postprocessor does
 on non-function units.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.mcs.anl.gov/projects/openAD/ticket/213>
OpenAD <http://www.mcs.anl.gov/openad>