[petsc-users] Fortran Linker Issue on Mac Sonoma

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Mon May 6 21:28:44 CDT 2024

1. Suggest reinstalling brew/gfortran - to make sure its compatible with latest xcode you have.

https://urldefense.us/v3/__https://petsc.org/release/install/install/*installing-on-macos__;Iw!!G_uCfscf7eWS!Y7eNVqUTtBNMYgHPI9pgKFBFMZJwLjwjtp4gGnxFTyYpQMN-rfvF4wJiuZywnYU-Rof6DANF1xg1U0VLr7FgG54$

2. Try:

./configure --download-openmpi=https://urldefense.us/v3/__https://web.cels.anl.gov/projects/petsc/download/externalpackages/openmpi-5.0.3-xcode15.tar.gz__;!!G_uCfscf7eWS!Y7eNVqUTtBNMYgHPI9pgKFBFMZJwLjwjtp4gGnxFTyYpQMN-rfvF4wJiuZywnYU-Rof6DANF1xg1U0VLmz41ilY$

Satish