[petsc-users] Question about petsc4py createWithArray function

Samar Khatiwala samar.khatiwala at earth.ox.ac.uk
Mon May 6 07:49:11 CDT 2024

Hi Stefano,

Thanks for looking into this. Since createWithArray calls VecCreateMPIWithArray which, as Matt noted and is documented (https://urldefense.us/v3/__https://petsc.org/main/manualpages/Vec/VecCreateMPIWithArray/__;!!G_uCfscf7eWS!YpH_OGif6W8Ql9KZDYBiRMKyALSRhMZOHRnkCkBHqBcVB4ef_UBHFbT_EuTgx8ivGmDNQU8bRVaOc-B_tqQ2heGjdvoE9tp8ZbPi3QQ$ ) doesn’t free the memory, then there’s a memory leak (and, furthermore, calling del on the original array will have no effect).

Lisandro: would be great if you can provide some guidance.

Thanks,

Samar