[petsc-users] How rto use multigrid?

w_ang_temp w_ang_temp at 163.com
Mon Oct 29 07:49:36 CDT 2012

Hello, Jed
    I use the command:
    mpiexec -n 4 ./ex4f -ksp_type cgs -pc_type gamg -pc_gamg_agg_nsmooths 1  -ksp_rtol 1.0e-15 -ksp_converged_reason
    The error is as follows:
[0]PETSC ERROR: --------------------- Error Message ------------------------------------
[0]PETSC ERROR: Unknown type. Check for miss-spelling or missing external package needed for type
 seehttp://www.mcs.anl.gov/petsc/petsc-as/documentation/installation.html#external!
[0]PETSC ERROR: Unable to find requested PC type gamg!
[0]PETSC ERROR: ------------------------------------------------------------------------
[0]PETSC ERROR: Petsc Release Version 3.2.0, Patch 7, Thu Mar 15 09:30:51 CDT 2012
[0]PETSC ERROR: See docs/changes/index.html for recent updates.
[0]PETSC ERROR: See docs/faq.html for hints about trouble shooting.
[0]PETSC ERROR: See docs/index.html for manual pages.
[0]PETSC ERROR: ------------------------------------------------------------------------
[0]PETSC ERROR: ./ex4f on a arch-linu named ubuntu by geo Mon Oct 29 05:40:13 2012
[0]PETSC ERROR: Libraries linked from /home/geo/soft/petsc/petsc-3.2-p7/arch-linux2-c-opt/lib
[0]PETSC ERROR: Configure run at Mon Jul  2 20:33:17 2012
[0]PETSC ERROR: Configure options --with-mpi-dir=/home/geo/soft/mpich2 --download-f-blas-lapack=1 --with-x=1 --with-debugging=0 --download-parmetis --download-mumps --download-scalapack --download-blacs
[0]PETSC ERROR: PCSetType() line 67 in src/ksp/pc/interface/pcset.c
[0]PETSC ERROR: PCSetFromOptions() line 184 in src/ksp/pc/interface/pcset.c
[0]PETSC ERROR: KSPSetFromOptions() line 286 in src/ksp/ksp/interface/itcl.c
     When I use 'mpiexec -n 4 ./ex4f -ksp_type cgs -pc_type sor -ksp_rtol 1.0e-15 -ksp_converged_reason', it is ok. So
what is the possible reason?
     Thanks.
                                                    Jim