[petsc-users] How rto use multigrid?

w_ang_temp w_ang_temp at 163.com
Sun Oct 28 08:48:44 CDT 2012

Thanks. I will have a try.

                                Jim

在 2012-10-28 21:46:23,"Matthew Knepley" <knepley at gmail.com> 写道:
On Sun, Oct 28, 2012 at 9:38 AM, w_ang_temp <w_ang_temp at 163.com> wrote:

Hello, Jed
    Thanks for your timely reply. I deal with the soil-water coupled problem in geotechnical engineering,
whose stiffness matrix is ill-conditioned. I have did some work about it, mainly finding the effective
solvers and preconditioners. I used the command line option like this:
mpiexec -n 4 ./ex4f -ksp_type cgs -pc_type sor -ksp_rtol 1.0e-15 -ksp_converged_reason.

If SOR works as a preconditioner, then definitely use AMG as Jed suggested. It is almost certain to work.

   Matt

    So, I also want to use the multigrid just like the simple command. There is only a little introduction
about multigrid in the manual. Multigrid is complex and not a easy thing for me, so I just need to konw how
to use it simply in PETSc to solve the Ax=b system.
    Thanks.
                                                               Jim