[petsc-users] Two PCs on same residual in multiplicative fashion !

Matthew Knepley knepley at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 11:56:34 CDT 2012

On Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 12:45 PM, Abdul Hanan Sheikh <hanangul12 at yahoo.co.uk
> wrote:

> Thank you Matt, your assumption is alright. It was typo.
>
> I got this idea , yet if I want to invert P2 exactly by PCLU then how
> should I do ??

Read this:
http://www.mcs.anl.gov/petsc/petsc-current/docs/manualpages/PC/PCKSP.html

This makes things more complicated. You can use PCOMPOSITE with
multiplicative, but its not
exactly what you have written. This is never used because its not really
effective, and doesn't make
much sense from a theory perspective. Are you sure you want to do this?

    Matt

This is indeed, but I avoid to merge(matrix product) for some reasons.