[petsc-users] Problem of installing PETS with MPI on windows 8 64 bit

Bin Shen stanshenbin at gmail.com
Sat Oct 20 02:58:37 CDT 2012

Hi, All,

I would like to install PETS on Windows 8 with Cygwin. We get some
error in the configuration and the configure.log is attached.

With the following command

./configure --with-cc="win32fe cl" --with-fc=0
--download-c-blas-lapack=1 --with-mpi-include="/cygdrive/c/Program
Files/Microsoft HPC Pack 2008 SDK/Include"
--with-mpi-lib="/cygdrive/c/Program Files/Microsoft HPC Pack 2008
SDK/Lib/amd64/msmpi.lib"

We get the following complain, while these two directories mentioned
by the error messages are actually there,

         UNABLE to CONFIGURE with GIVEN OPTIONS    (see configure.log for detail
s):
--with-mpi-lib=['/cygdrive/c/Program', 'Files/Microsoft', 'HPC', 'Pack', '2008',
'SDK/Lib/amd64/msmpi.lib'] and
--with-mpi-include=['/cygdrive/c/Program Files/Microsoft HPC Pack 2008 SDK/Inclu
de'] did not work

Any of you have some idea how to fix it?

Thanks and best regards,

Bin

--
Bin Shen

Dept. of Computer Science, Purdue University
West Lafayette, IN., US
http://www.cs.purdue.edu/homes/bshen/