[petsc-users] PETSc Execution Error

Zou (Non-US), Ling ling.zou at inl.gov
Wed Oct 17 09:47:08 CDT 2012

Well, I am not PETSc expert, but the

'Floating point exception!'

error message seems to me that you are trying to do a divide zero operation
(or something else). I had this kind of error message before when I
assemble my Jacobian matrix and I made a mistake trying to do this, like,

return a/b;

while b is not correctly initialized, it is zero.

I am not quite sure what exactly happen in your code, but I would like to
capture such bugs first.

Best,

Ling