[petsc-users] Help with mpiexec

Jed Brown jedbrown at mcs.anl.gov
Sat Oct 13 16:09:15 CDT 2012

On Sat, Oct 13, 2012 at 4:07 PM, George Mathew <gmnnus at gmail.com> wrote:

> The following command works fine:
> mpiexec -f machinefile -n 12 hostname

Hostname does not communicate at all. Can you run a real MPI program, such
as cpi.c that is included in most source MPI distributions? The first call
to MPI_Bcast() is raising an error, which strongly indicates that the MPI
was misconfigured.

> It displays the hostname from the 4 different machines that I have in the
> machinefile. The MPI installation was done from the same tar file on the 4
> hosts running identical versions of linux.

Environment variables could still be different, for example.