[petsc-users] Enquiry regarding log summary results

TAY wee-beng zonexo at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 16:02:20 CDT 2012

On 27/9/2012 1:44 PM, Matthew Knepley wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 27, 2012 at 3:49 AM, TAY wee-beng <zonexo at gmail.com
> <mailto:zonexo at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hi,
>
>     I'm doing a log summary for my 3d cfd code. I have some questions:
>
>     1. if I'm solving 3 linear equations using ksp, is the result
>     given in the log summary the total of the 3 linear eqns'
>     performance? How can I get the performance for each individual eqn?
>

> Use logging stages:
> http://www.mcs.anl.gov/petsc/petsc-dev/docs/manualpages/Profiling/PetscLogStagePush.html

I tried to follow the steps from the manual for my Fortan code using:

/call PetscInitialize(PETSC_NULL_CHARACTER,ierr)//
//
//... 1st stage - solving momentum eqn//- run 1st logging
//
//call PetscLogStagePush(1,ierr)//
//
//... 2nd stag - solve poisson eqn//- run 2nd logging
//
//call PetscLogStagePop//(ierr)//
//
//...//
//
//call PetscFinalize(ierr)/

but then I got the error:

  Argument out of range!
[33]PETSC ERROR: Invalid stage 1 should be in [0,1)!

How should I use the syntax to allow 2 stages logging?

Tks!