VecScatterCreateToZero

nicolas aunai nicolas.aunai at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 12:51:57 CDT 2009

Hello,

I have a problem using 'VecScatterCreateToZero'. I attach to this
email a test code that illustrates the problem. I create a 2D DA then
I ask for the coordinates (that have been set just before), which are
returned in a global vector. I want to write the coordinates in a
file, so I use 'VecScatterCreateToZero' to put all the values in
sequential vector. It seems to work fine but sometimes (depending on
the number of proc used) the coordinates in the sequential vectors are
ordered differently.

to run the code and see the problem :

mpiexec -n 4 ./vecdacoord > problem.txt

I have attached problem.txt too.

Is someone can explain to me how I could obtain my coordinates in a
natural order ?

Thx