linear elliptic vector equation

nicolas aunai nicolas.aunai at gmail.com
Tue Aug 18 11:42:42 CDT 2009

Hello,

Yes it is a bit overkill indeed :-) I was looking at ex29 actually...
which is still linear and with DA's but scalar.

But I'd rather like not use multigrids, however I have not seen an
example of a code that uses DA's and KSP solvers.

Every example use multigrids.

When you have a multicomponent linear equation to solve on a
rectangular uniform grid such as mine, is it good to :

1/  use DA's to represent your grid

2/ create the matrix corresponding to your operator once and for all
(the operator neve changes).( In fact there are 2 matrices because two
cases possibles (Neumann/periodic or Dirichlet/Periodic, depending on
the component). but never minds)

3/ Call KSPSolve() 3 times (for each vector component associated with the DA) ?

Thx
Nico