MatCreateMPIAIJWithSplitArrays and MatSetValues

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Aug 14 11:35:15 CDT 2009

    MatCreateMPIAIJWithSplitArrays() cannot be used to set some off-
processor entries; it sets only local rows. Also you cannot later set
off-processor values into this matrix with MatSetValues().

    This is rather a special routine designed for people who already
have the entire sparse matrix setup in parallel CSR format. For
general usage where you set values with MatSetValues() you should use
MatCreateMPIAIJ()

    Barry