porting petsc to a nec sx9 computer running under unix super ux

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Aug 11 21:54:40 CDT 2009

Try using --with-batch=1 and follow the sugested steps.

Looking at the sx6 config file - looks like the compilers used were
cc,f90,cxx - so perhaps the env was slightly different. [don't
remember if it was cross compile or not..]

One potential issue is: configure might not be able to auto-detect
c/fortran compiler libraries [needed for mixing c & fortran codes]. If
this is an issue - sugest using someting like:

--with-clib-autodetect=0
--with-fortranlib-autodetect=0
--with-cxxlib-autodetect=0
LIBS="-lf90sx -lf90sxe -lv90sxe -li90sx -lu90sx -lm90sx"

[Might have to modify LIBS argument to the correct c/fortran compiler library list]

If you encounter problems - send us configure.log at petsc-maint at mcs.anl.gov

Satish