cannot find -lustdio with matlab on

Weiwei Wang wangww2011 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 07:17:47 CDT 2009

Dear All,
      I want to check the determinant of some sparse matrix in petsc but
I didn't know how to do it using petsc directly so I try to save  the
sparse matrix in Matlab format, then calculate the determinant in
Matlab, so I reinstalled petsc with the opinion "--with-matlab-dir=...",
but the following error appeared:

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lustdio
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: [shared_linux] Error 1 (ignored)

I don't know where I can find the lib "ustdio" or other ways to
calculate the determinant, the system of my box is debian 5, so any
suggestion is appreciated.

Thanks,
weiwei wang