memory leak from valgrind on ex1

Umut Tabak u.tabak at tudelft.nl
Sun Aug 9 05:55:39 CDT 2009

Dear all,

I was trying to locate my memory-leaking problems due to a class I wrote
in combination with Petsc, during these checks I used valgrind in the
very basic modes, but there is a point I could not understand about
Petsc programs. I used the example which is the in the "getting started"
section of the manual(${PETSC_DIR}/src/ksp/ksp/examples/tutorials/ex1.c).

A linear system solution. Using valgrind on this problem reported some
"definitely lost" parts. I could not understand this error. Can someone
help me on understanding this point, I am not a pro, but want to become
a user of Petsc by trying to understand the main parts of the library?

I used  "valgrind --leak-check=yes ./ex1"

Best regards,
Umut