PETSC_LIB

irfan.khan at gatech.edu irfan.khan at gatech.edu
Fri Aug 7 18:17:54 CDT 2009

Hi
I have been compiling and running my Petsc code on a TERAGRID cluster (Steele - Purdue) for sometime now. Recently they made changes to their operating system and also installed a clean version of Petsc (it now makes use of MPICH-2 instead of MPICH).

However my make file is not successfully linking anymore. The error message I get is as follows.

ld: cannot find -llapack
make: *** [te] Error 1

I see that the blaslapack package is not available under "externalpackages" directory. I presume the link error is because the lapack library is included in the PETSC_LIB command and this library may not have been installed during PETSc installation. I say this because the make file works fine on my laptop where I have installed blas-lapack during PETSc installation. Please correct me if I am wrong.

How can I resolve this link error? Kindly suggest.

Thank you
Irfan
--
PhD Candidate
G.W. Woodruff School of Mechanical Engineering