There is no return value for bin/matlab/PetscReadBinaryMatlab.m?

(Rebecca) Xuefei YUAN xy2102 at columbia.edu
Mon Aug 3 14:51:41 CDT 2009

Dear Barry,

I might not state the problem clearly, I saved my solution to a binary
file named "solution", so after running the code, there two files
"solution" and "solution.info" were formed. Then I would like to the
following matlab function to load the data:

fid = fopen('solution','r');
c = fread(fid);

What I would like to have for c is a 1d Array with 36 elements(real
number), however, it turns out that c is a 1d array has 1116
elements(integer), what is wrong with it? Do I miss anything? Or the
binary file from Petsc is different from the normal binary file?

Thanks very much!