[Swift-devel] coaster io with NIO.

Mihael Hategan hategan at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Apr 9 13:11:59 CDT 2012

On Mon, 2012-04-09 at 13:05 -0500, Michael Wilde wrote:
> I think the last time we discussed this, we determined that adding a
> -nosec mode for automatic coasters would be both safe and useful. Is
> that a reasonable approach for now, including making -nosec the
> default?

Right. Nosec on automatic coasters is a solution. We decided that the
worst that can happen there is that there could be a rogue coaster
service that could steal jobs and data and/or provide fake results.

I wouldn't call that a solution though. It's a step backwards from a
security perspective. But it may be an option to consider, in particular
given that it's already possible to do this by having rogue workers.

So yes. I can add that option.

Mihael