[Swift-devel] Re: Website documentation

David Kelly davidkelly999 at gmail.com
Wed May 11 04:04:57 CDT 2011

I have a basic version of the script for generating website docs
in /ci/www/projects/swift/guides. It works in a pretty similar way to what
we have now - the documents must manually be copied to
asciidocs/docs/<release>/*.txt and then the script converts the txt files to
html and pdf. Instead of having to copy the files manually, I think the next
step would be to have it generate these from releases using svn. I will add
this to the wiki once it gets a little more finalized. I am also working on
some improvements to the documents themselves. The asciidoc version of the
tutorial brings in the contents of external .swift scripts when generating
the html. Changes to the example scripts should automatically be referenced
in the tutorial. I will also try add something like dynamically generating
the properties into the user guide as was suggested, as well as other
various clean up and fixes.

David