[Swift-devel] Re: Fault tolerance in "many task computing"?

Ben Clifford benc at hawaga.org.uk
Tue Mar 3 07:31:33 CST 2009

Sounds interesting as a research project.

How to hook different logging systems in is fairly well defined in the
submit side (through log4j) and in the worker code (through a single bash
function).

Integration into the globus toolkit stack is something that ties in with
CEDPS, not Swift.

I would not be adverse to more pluggable logging mechanisms in the swift
core code, although I am as always resistant to adding in unnecessary
dependencies.