[Swift-devel] maling lists

Mihael Hategan hategan at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Jun 6 15:25:59 CDT 2008

On Fri, 2008-06-06 at 14:58 -0500, Ian Foster wrote:
> and of which many people have a very high opinion. I am being lobbied
> by multiple European groups who want Globus to be part of the European
> Grid Initiative, "because it just works"

:)

I'll just say that it's a dangerous belief that does not drive one to
actually make things work should the belief happen to not be quite true.
But this is probably the wrong mailing list for the topic.

>  (unlike other grid software
> that they use). The National Institutes of Health is rolling out
> several Globus based grids for the same reason. Etc.
>
> I think we should try not to let personal prejudices get in the way of
> sensible decision making.

I agree. Though I do want to point out that there is a distinction
between The Globus Toolkit and dev.globus.org, and that I myself got
complaints about the latter which amounted to annoyances toward the fact
that fairly senior project managers were being treated like children in
the interest of a uniformity that proved to be largely irrelevant.

But this is also a subject that probably doesn't belong on this mailing
list.

Mihael