sieve-dev slow loading of mesh from files

Shi Jin jinzishuai at gmail.com
Tue Oct 28 21:55:44 CDT 2008

Hi there,

I am trying to run some large simulations from the code I have
developed. One problem I realized is that loading the mesh from files
using

ALE::PCICE::Builder::readMesh()

is very slow. I am not sure whether is related to the fact memories
are being allocated on the fly for each element or it is about file
IO. Although I have a fairly large mesh (over 3 million elements), the
mesh files are not that huge at all (less than 300MB). I am wondering
if there is any optimization for this. For example, will caching the
input data at the beginning help?

Thank you very much.

--
Sincerely,