sieve-dev globalOrder

Shi Jin jinzishuai at gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 22:58:02 CDT 2008

Hi there,

I did a final memory scan on my code and it turned out that everything is in
good shape with the exception of the globalOrders.  For example, for a code
using 240,000 free nodes, the total code memory cost is about 1.2GB, in
which the globalOrders take about 500MB. I understand that something can be
done to the globalOrders  too, just as the sieve to isieve transition, which
will significantly reduce its memory cost. This is good but I also
understand it is probably not something to have in the near future. So I am
thinking about a workaround. In my case, my 3 components of the velocity
vector share the same structure (at least for the time being, BC is for all
three components). So the globalOrder on this three sections would be
identical. I am just wondering if there is a way to let them share the
memory usage for globalOrders. To do that, we need something like
setGlobalOrder() or even setFactory(). I guess it would be fairly
straightforward to do. Could you please let me know if you can add it for
me. Thank you very much.

--
Sincerely,
Shi Jin, Ph.D.