[petsc-users] Using PetscPartitioner on WINDOWS

程奔 202321009113 at mail.scut.edu.cn
Sun Mar 17 22:57:58 CDT 2024

Hello,

Recently I try to install PETSc with Cygwin since I'd like to use PETSc with Visual Studio on Windows10 plateform.For the sake of clarity, I firstly list the softwares/packages used below:
1. PETSc: version 3.16.5
2. VS: version 2022
3. Intel MPI: download Intel oneAPI Base Toolkit and HPC Toolkit
4. Cygwin

On windows,
Then I try to calculate a simple cantilever beam  that use Tetrahedral mesh.  So it's  unstructured grid
I use DMPlexCreateFromFile() to creat dmplex.

And then I want to distributing the mesh for using  PETSCPARTITIONERPARMETIS type(in my opinion this PetscPartitioner type maybe the best for dmplex,

see fig 1 for my work to see different PetscPartitioner type about a  cantilever beam in Linux system.)

But unfortunatly, when i try to use parmetis on windows that configure PETSc as follows

 ./configure  --with-debugging=0  --with-cc='win32fe cl' --with-fc='win32fe ifort' --with-cxx='win32fe cl'

--download-fblaslapack=/cygdrive/g/mypetsc/petsc-pkg-fblaslapack-e8a03f57d64c.tar.gz  --with-shared-libraries=0

--with-mpi-include=/cygdrive/g/Intel/oneAPI/mpi/2021.10.0/include
 --with-mpi-lib=/cygdrive/g/Intel/oneAPI/mpi/2021.10.0/lib/release/impi.lib
--with-mpiexec=/cygdrive/g/Intel/oneAPI/mpi/2021.10.0/bin/mpiexec
--download-parmetis=/cygdrive/g/mypetsc/petsc-pkg-parmetis-475d8facbb32.tar.gz
--download-metis=/cygdrive/g/mypetsc/petsc-pkg-metis-ca7a59e6283f.tar.gz

it shows that
External package metis does not support --download-metis with Microsoft compilers
configure.log and make.log is attached

If I use PetscPartitioner Simple type the calculate time is much more than PETSCPARTITIONERPARMETIS type.

So On windows system I want to use PetscPartitioner like parmetis , if there have any other PetscPartitioner type that can do the same work as parmetis,

or I just try to download parmetis  separatly on windows(like this website , https://urldefense.us/v3/__https://boogie.inm.ras.ru/terekhov/INMOST/-/wikis/0204-Compilation-ParMETIS-Windows__;!!G_uCfscf7eWS!bpnh34xNHVqfdKTl-ggRXSax29UDMeTVK_E0bHs5J3_g1-RuvJhSbmxD6SKjngZpPiIKpgrv3h4WWOt9lEF-Fb8A4UZELMSi-MSW$ )

and then use Visual Studio to use it's library I don't know in this way PETSc could use it successfully or not.

So I wrrit this email to report my problem and ask for your help.

Looking forward your reply!

sinserely,
Ben.