[petsc-users] Preconditioning of Liouvillian Superoperator

Niclas Götting ngoetting at itp.uni-bremen.de
Thu Feb 1 05:57:57 CST 2024

Thank you very much for the input!

I've spent a lot of time to compress the linear system to a quarter of
its size. This resulted in a form, though, which cannot be represented
by Kronecker products. Maybe I should return to the original form..

The new structure of the linear system is as follows:

+---+---+--------+
| A | 0 | -2*B^T |
+---+---+--------+
| 0 | D | -C^T   |
| B | C | D      |

The matrices D and C are huge and should therefore be accountable for
most of the computational cost. Looking at the visual structure of C, I
assume that it can maybe be written as a sum of (skew-)symmetric
matrices. A, B, and D are not symmetric at all, though.

Can the block substructure alone be helpful for solving the linear
system in a smarter manner?