[petsc-users] Error when configure cmake

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Sat Sep 30 00:16:24 CDT 2023

Here --download-cmake is failing [due to the old version of c++ compiler]. You can try installing an older version manually instead of --download-cmake

Or you might be able to install a newer gcc/g++ easily [if its not already installed on your machine]. For ex:

git clone https://github.com/spack/spack/
cd spack
./bin/spack install gcc at 7.5.0

Satish