[petsc-users] Parallel DMPlex

erdemguer erdemguer at proton.me
Thu Sep 28 14:37:58 CDT 2023

Hi,

I am currently using DMPlex in my code. It runs serially at the moment, but I'm interested in adding parallel options. Here is my workflow:

Create a DMPlex mesh from GMSH.
Reorder it with DMPlexPermute.
Create necessary pre-processing arrays related to the mesh/problem.
Create field(s) with multi-dofs.
Create residual vectors.
Define a function to calculate the residual for each cell and, use SNES.
As you can see, I'm not using FV or FE structures (most examples do). Now, I'm trying to implement this in parallel using a similar approach. However, I'm struggling to understand how to create corresponding vectors and how to obtain index sets for each processor. Is there a tutorial or paper that covers this topic?
Thank you.
Guer.

Sent with [Proton Mail](https://proton.me/) secure email.