[petsc-users] I cannot find my libpetsc.a in my installation pets-3.4.5

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Sep 25 15:20:27 CDT 2023

What are you looking at? Send 'ls' from PETSC_DIR/PETSC_ARCH/lib

Perhaps its a shared library build - and you have libpetsc.so?

BTW: the current release is 3.19 - and you are attempting to build a super old version 3.4.

We recommend using the latest version to avoid build and other compatibility issues.

Satish