[petsc-users] PETSc openMP

Di Miao Di.Miao at synopsys.com
Wed Sep 20 15:32:57 CDT 2023

To whom it may concern,

I would like to run PETSc in a multi-threaded way (KSP per thread). I checked PETSc's manual and it says:

There is an OpenMP thread-safe subset of PETSc that may be configured for using --with-threadsafety [--with-openmp or --download-concurrencykit].

I am confused about the square bracket here. Does this mean I need to --with-threadsafety +( --with-openmp/--download-concurrencykit) or this mean I can add --with-threadsafety or --with-openmp or --download-concurrencykit?

Looking for your explanation on these flags!

Thank you
Di