[petsc-users] Questions about PCPATCH

Ce Qin qince168 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 20 06:16:40 CDT 2023

Dear all,

I am currently implementing a multigrid solver for Maxwell's equations in
3D.
The AFW smoother has excellent convergence properties for Maxwell's
equations. I
noticed that PCPATCH provides such types of smoothers. However, I am using
the
deal.II library to build the patches. PCPATCH seems only to support the
PETSc
DMPlex data structure. Is there a way to use PCPATCH with user defined
patches?

Besides, I found that we can also use PCASM with user defined subdomains.
Is there any performance difference between PCPATCH and PCASM?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Ce