[petsc-users] Performance of Conda Binary vs Self Compiled Version

Jorge Nin jorgenin at mit.edu
Thu Oct 19 19:35:12 CDT 2023

Hi Mathew,

Thanks for the response. It actually seems like the matrix is very sparse (0.99% sparsity from what I’m measuring). It’s an FEA solver so it would make sense.
My current guess is the optimization flags are making a large difference for the M1 Mac, but I am also surprised it makes such a huge difference.

It’s why I was asking if there was a resource or another to use my own version of PETSc with Conda.

I believe a 2-3 x speed up is worth the hassle.

Best,
Jorge