[petsc-users] FEM Implementation of NS with SUPG Stabilization

Brandon Denton bldenton at buffalo.edu
Wed Oct 11 13:09:01 CDT 2023

Thank you for the discussion.

Are we agreed then that the derivatives of the natural coordinates are required for the described approach? If so, is this something PETSc can currently do within the point-wise residual functions?

Matt - Thank you for the command line option for the 2nd derivatives. Those will be needed to implement the discussed approach. Specifically in the stabilization and shock capture parameters. (Ref.: B. Kirk's Thesis). What is a good reference for the usual SUPG method you are referencing? I've been looking through my textbooks but haven't found a good reference.

Jed - Thank you for the link. I will review the information on it.

Sorry about the attachment. I will upload it to this thread later (I'm at work right now and I can't do it from here).