[petsc-users] Fwd: Inquiry about DMPlexCreateSection

neil liu liufield at gmail.com
Mon Nov 20 15:09:53 CST 2023

Hello, Petsc team,
Previously, following the function setupseciton in the following case
https://petsc.org/main/src/dm/impls/plex/tutorials/ex7.c.html
I successfully created a section layout and then imposed the Dirchlet
boundary conditions.

It seems DMPlexCreateSection is able to replace the above
setupsection function and specify points that are located on the boundary.
My question is, does DMPlexCreateSection  impose boundary condition
automatically, e.g., Dirichlet boundary condition (u=0). Or we should
impose these boundary conditions manually, then what is the benefit of
DMPlexCreateSection  compared with the above setupsection function?

Thanks,

Xiaodong