[petsc-users] Multiple points constraint in parallel

YuSh Lo ysjosh.lo at gmail.com
Wed May 31 00:24:55 CDT 2023

Hi,

I have some multiple points constraint input as follows,

A_1 a_4
B_2 b_5
C_3 c_6

each columns are stored in different IS.
After dmplex distribute, they will be renumbered and distribution to
certain processors.
I have two questions:

(1) I need both complete ISs are all the processors. Can I just do
ISALLGather()?

(2) Although renumbered, will the original order remain(ABC and abc)?
If the number is the node number, after distribution and I do an
ISALLGather()
will I have the following on each processor?

A_3 a_1
B_4 b_2
C_6 c_5
(I randomly renumber them)

This is what I can come up with now. Is there any better way to do it?

Thanks,
Josh