[petsc-users] Build Error

Barry Smith bsmith at petsc.dev
Fri May 26 09:39:57 CDT 2023

  PETSc configure is suppose to handle this cleanly. Please send configure.log to petsc-maint at mcs.anl.gov <mailto:petsc-maint at mcs.anl.gov>  as we need more context to understand why it is not working.

  PETSc configure looks for libgtoolize (which is what brew names it) and uses it for  libtoolize

  You can use --with-libtoolize-exec=pathtolibtoolize  (or --with-libtoolize=pathtolibtoolize for older versions of PETSc) to select the executable PETSc uses