[petsc-users] Questions about the DMDAGetElements command

ziming xiong xiongziming2010 at gmail.com
Fri May 26 09:05:29 CDT 2023

Hello,
I am using the command DMDAGetElements to get the number of elements in the
grid and the index of the points within each element, but I found a problem
that the accuracy of this command depends on the number of x, y, z
direction cels I then create. Take \src\ksp\ksp\tutorials\71 as an example,
when the values of cells are 4,3,2. using two processes to complete -dim 3
-cells 4,3,2 -pde_type Poisson -use_global, here the index of the points in
the elements in each process will have problems, the given local index
corresponds to the coordinates of the points in the local to see that the
cell will have problems.
Take my results as an example, process 1 gives the local indices of the
first element's vertices (0 1 5 4 16 17 21 20).
But the corresponding coordinates are
0 1 5 4 16 17 21 20
x 0 2 0 8 2 4 2 0
y 0 0 2 0 6 6 0 0
z 0 0 0 0 0 0 2 2
You can see that this is not a correct element

Ziming