[petsc-users] Interpolation between nodal and elemental field

K. Wu wuktsinghua at gmail.com
Tue May 16 10:12:09 CDT 2023

Hi Matt,

I am using two PETSc DM, one for vertices (nodes), and one for cells
(elements).

I want to do the following operation:

x is a global vector generated from DM vertices, with length Nn. y is a
global vector generated from DM cells, with length Ne. I want to generate a
sparse matrix A with size Ne x Nn, so that y = A*x.

The entry of A is set to a constant value, e.g., 1/4, if the corresponding
vertex belongs to the cell.

Hope I make it clear, thanks!

Regards,

Kai