[petsc-users] Fortran preprocessor not work in pets-dev

Danyang Su danyang.su at gmail.com
Sun May 7 02:06:17 CDT 2023

Hi Satish,

Sorry, this is a typo when copy to the email. I use FPPFLAGS in the makefile. Not sure why this occurs.

Actually not only the preprocessor fails, the petsc initialize does not work either. Attached is a very simple fortran code and below is the test results. Looks like the petsc is not properly installed. I am working on macOS Monterey version 12.5 (Intel Xeon W processor).

Compiled using petsc-3.18
(base) ➜  petsc-dev-fppflags mpiexec -n 4 ./petsc_fppflags
 compiled by STANDARD_FORTRAN compiler
 called by rank            0
 called by rank            1
 called by rank            2
 called by rank            3

compiled using petsc-dev
(base) ➜  petsc-dev-fppflags mpiexec -n 4 ./petsc_fppflags
 called by rank            2
 called by rank            2
 called by rank            2
 called by rank            2

Thanks,

Danyang

On 2023-05-06, 10:22 PM, "Satish Balay" <balay at mcs.anl.gov <mailto:balay at mcs.anl.gov>> wrote:

On Sat, 6 May 2023, Danyang Su wrote:

> Hi All,
>

> My code has some FPP. It works fine in PETSc 3.18 and earlier version, but stops working in the latest PETSc-Dev. For example the following FPP STANDARD_FORTRAN is not recognized.
>

> #ifdef STANDARD_FORTRAN
>
> 1 format(15x,1000a15)
>
> 2 format(1pe15.6e3,1000(1pe15.6e3))
>
> #else
>
> 1 format(15x,<ncol>a15)
>
> 2 format(1pe15.6e3,<ncol>(1pe15.6e3))
>
> #endif
>

> In the makefile, I define the preprocessor as PPFLAGS.
>

> PPFLAGS := -DLINUX -DRELEASE -DRELEASE_X64 -DSTANDARD_FORTRAN

Shouldn't this be FPPFLAGS?

Can you send us a simple test case [with the makefile] that we can try to demonstrate this problem?

Satish