[petsc-users] Help using FAS as an initial guess

Barry Smith bsmith at petsc.dev
Tue May 2 17:10:33 CDT 2023

  You might consider https://petsc.org/release/manualpages/SNES/SNESSetGridSequence/ it does exactly what I think you want to do.

  FAS is a bit more subtle than that. The "coarse grid problem" that FAS builds and solves are dependent on the current fine grid solution so you need an "approximate" fine grid solution already in order to create a FAS coarse problem. Of course FAS can, and often should, be used also with grid sequencing to boot-strap the fine grid solutions.

  Barry