[petsc-users] Problem in some macro when using VS+intel cl

冯上玮 fengshw3 at mail2.sysu.edu.cn
Tue Jun 27 10:32:10 CDT 2023

Hi,

After failure with MS-MPI once and once again, I tried icl+oneAPI and succeeded in installing and testing PESTc in Cygwin!

However, (always however) when I copied the example code on Getting Started page on visual studio, there are tons of error like:

I just wonder where the problem locates, I've googled this error message and it seems that it's induced by the difference of compilers, c.f. https://stackoverflow.com/questions/42136395/identifier-builtin-expect-is-undefined-during-ros-on-win-tutorial-talker-ex. But Intel says that they also provide such thing on icl, and I actually use this compiler instead of visual studio cl...

Anyway, the project could be built if I delete these error-checking macro.

Installing feedback (or as a test result):
When configure on windows, only icl + impi works, and in this case, both --with-cc and --with-cxx options need to point out the version like: --with-cc-std-c99 and --with-cxx-std-c++'ver'. Other combinations such as cl + impi, icl + msmpi, cl + msmpi never work. My tutor told me that older version of msmpi may work but I never try this.

FENG.