[petsc-users] MPICH C++ compilers when using PETSC --with-cxx=0

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Jul 21 11:57:09 CDT 2023

Were you able to try Jacob's fix - so you could build with cxx?

Wrt building external pkgs - one way:

- first build pkgs:
./configure PETSC_ARCH=arch-pkgs --prefix=$HOME/soft/petsc-pkgs --with-cc=icc --with-cxx=icpc --with-fc=ifort --download-mpich --download-suitesparse

- now build PETSc with these pkgs
./configure PETSC_ARCH=arch-mybuild --with-mpi-dir=$HOME/soft/petsc-pkgs --with-cxx=0

[can't use --with-suitesparse-dir here - due to cxx dependencies within configure - but you disable this dependency check in configure - by commenting out one line of code]

Wrt configure options used - they are listed in configure.log - also in - for ex:

[balay at pj01 petsc]$ ls arch-linux-c-debug/externalpackages/*/*petsc*
arch-linux-c-debug/externalpackages/git.sowing/sowing.petscconf

Satish