[petsc-users] Matrix-free generalised eigenvalue problem

Jose E. Roman jroman at dsic.upv.es
Mon Jul 17 04:56:54 CDT 2023

The B-inner product is independent of the ST operator. See Table 3.2. In generalized eigenproblems you always have an inverse.

If your matrix is diagonally dominant, try implementing the MATOP_GET_DIAGONAL operation and using PCJACOBI. Apart from this, you have to build your own preconditioner.

Jose