[petsc-users] [SLEPc] With the increasing of processors, result change in 1e-5 and solving time increase. krylovschur for MATSBAIJ matrix's smallest eigenvalue

Jose E. Roman jroman at dsic.upv.es
Wed Jul 12 03:37:09 CDT 2023

The computed eigenvalue has 7 matching digits, which agrees with the used tolerance. If you want more matching digits you have to reduce the tolerance.

The performance seems reasonable for up to 64 processes, so yes the problem may be too small for more processes. But performance depends also a lot on the sparsity pattern of the matrix. Take into account that scalability of matrix-vector products in SBAIJ matrices is expected to be worse than in AIJ. Anyway, to answer questions about performance it is better that you send the output of -log_view

Jose