[petsc-users] Applying Multi-Point-Constraints with SNES

Hongrui Yu yuhongrui at utexas.edu
Fri Jul 7 14:59:49 CDT 2023

Thanks Matt. To clarify, were you referring to the following section in DMPlexCreateBoxMesh_Tensor_SFC_Periodicity_Private()?

  PetscCall(DMPlexSetIsoperiodicFaceSF(dm, sfper));

  PetscScalar t[4][4] = {{0}};

  t[0][0]             = 1;

  t[1][1]             = 1;

  t[2][2]             = 1;

  t[3][3]             = 1;

  for (PetscInt i = 0; i < dim; i++)

    if (periodicity[i] == DM_BOUNDARY_PERIODIC) t[i][3] = upper[i] - lower[i];

  PetscCall(DMPlexSetIsoperiodicFaceTransform(dm, &t[0][0]));

In my understanding, DMPlexSetIsoperiodicFaceSF() defines the points where the constrains exists. The constrains are specified in t matrix and set by calling DMPlexSetIsoperiodicFaceTransform(). Is this correct?

Does constraints set by this also apply to non-displacement DoFs? Our application is of phase-field fracture in elasticity so we have a scalar DoF on each vertices in addition to displacement field. In other words, the section has two fields, where displacement field has 2 DoFs and phase-field has 1 DoF.

Thanks,

Hongrui