[petsc-users] Matvecs and KSPSolves with multiple vectors

Sreeram R Venkat srvenkat at utexas.edu
Thu Dec 21 18:44:24 CST 2023

The reason for the large number of RHS's is that the problem originally
comes from having to do one solve with 1e10 size matrix. If we make some
extra assumptions on our problem, that 1e10 matrix becomes block diagonal
with blocks of size 1e6 and all the blocks are the same. The 1e6 is a
spatial discretion dimension and the 1e4 is the number of time steps. So
that's why we wanted to do the batched solve like this.

Thanks,
Sreeram